CROSSING THE CANYON
2023 Crossing the Canyon Dates: September 30 – October 3, 2023
THE GRAND CANYON
26 miles, 10,141 feet of altitude change. One day.
The Grand Canyon Rim-to-Rim trek takes the team from the North Rim down to the canyon floor, across the canyon, then up to the South Rim over 25 miles and more than 10,000 feet of elevation change. It is a powerful metaphor for the race to end brain cancer. The canyon represents the valley of death of underfunded research. We know that funding brain tumor research will change the future for those diagnosed with brain cancer and that if money is the problem, it’s a problem that can be solved. Together, we can do this.
2023 DATES: September 30-October 3, 2023
VOLUME UP, HEART OPEN
The BethAnn Telford Short Film
This is the joyful story of one endurance athlete who, facing brain cancer, becomes a warrior. She fights not just for her own survival but for the children who share her diagnosis, the children she races for everyday.
WATCH, SHARE AND BE INSPIRED.
CROSSING THE CANYON 2023
September 30-October 3, 2023. Apply today!
Mark your calendar: September 30-October 3, 2023
Join us for Crossing the Canyon! In Crossing the Canyon’s early years we discovered the incredible power that comes from connecting people who care deeply about the same cause. We each bring unique stories, skills and perspectives to the conversation.
While we hike through the deeply symbolic and breathtakingly beautiful Grand Canyon, we’ll be getting to know each other and sharing encouragement, experience and energy that will bring us closer to a cure for brain cancer.
We would love for you to join us.
YOU’LL NEED TO:
Embrace this cause and join us turning hope into action.
- Book your own travel to and from Phoenix, AZ*
- Train for the rigors of the Rim-to-Rim hike.
- Achieve $3,000 fundraising goal. Everything raised over the cost of participating in the event goes to brain cancer research.
- Fill out the application linked to above. This event is first come, first serve! It fills up quickly, so be sure to get your application in as soon as you can.
*Arrive 9/30/23 and book a hotel that fits your budget and preferences. We head to the North Rim early on 10/01/22. Vans depart at 7 a.m.
- Transportation to the North Rim from meet up point in Phoenix, AZ
- Lodging on the North Rim for one night
- Lodging on the South Rim for two nights
- All Breakfasts and Dinners during the trip
- Guides for hiking across the Grand Canyon
- A training plan to prepare for the hike
- All permits required to do the hike
- A fundraising page and support for fundraising
- Transportation back to Phoenix, AZ from the South Rim after the event.