VOLUNTEER SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
You’ll support our marketing team by developing, implementing, and managing a social media calendar that supports ongoing initiatives and organizational objectives. You’ll work closely with other members of the marketing team to develop well-rounded campaigns that encourage interaction and engagement.
Platform for meaningful distribution of work
- Networking with a group of passionate and committed volunteers
- Opportunity to take on resume-building leadership experience
- Start-up experience with a young nonprofit
Opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to people with brain cancer and their families
You’ll dedicate between 5 and 10 hours per week to the organization.
- Must be available to remotely support major fundraising events in June (Race Across America) and October (Grand Canyon Rim-to-Rim challenge).
You’ll commit to at least 3 months with us, with an opportunity to make the switch to a full staff member.
You’ll develop and implement a social media calendar that supports ongoing initiatives and objectives with support from the marketing team
- You’ll execute social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+ and other social media channels
- You’ll research and implement best practices for social media
- Monitor and engage in relevant conversation on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and other social channels
- Write fresh and creative content to grow our audience, drive engagement and increase donation revenue
Track key metrics, mine insights and apply learnings to increase impact
Experience planning, managing and executing social media campaigns
- Ability to execute a great creative concept with limited resources
- Knowledge of current digital marketing best practices
- Experience writing and editing for social media
Design experience a big plus!
You are creative both as a content creator and as a problem solver.
You have a vision and you can make it a reality even when there are obstacles along the way.
You hold yourself and your work to a high standard (and you want to keep making it higher).
You love creating engaging campaigns, you study what is happening in digital marketing, you understand best practices and how to apply them. You are constantly pushing yourself to improve.
You’re a great communicator.
You know how to work well on a team and you are a people person. You love communication in all its forms.
You are organized and detail oriented.
You prioritize well and are able to manage multiple deadlines and projects effectively without sacrificing quality.
You are not just driven – you can drive a project on your own.
You welcome the challenge of working with a small team with an ambitious vision.
You have a passion for creating positive change.
You want to leave your mark and make a difference. You welcome the opportunity to give back and pay it forward.
MORE ABOUT 3000 MILES TO A CURE
Since October 2012, 3000 Miles to a Cure has ignited what we call a brainstorm, uniting people in hope and action for a cure for brain cancer. To achieve our vision of a future where brain cancer is treatable as quickly as possible, we choose to deliver 100% of individual gifts to brain cancer research. We keep our costs low and where we have them they are covered by our generous corporate sponsors and Board of Directors.
We leverage ultra endurance athletic events like Race Across America to raise funds for the cure. The challenges and triumphs athletes endure are a powerful metaphor for the battles being waged against brain cancer by those who fight it and for the race to cure it.
We are developing a mobile application that will gamify fundraising during these ultra athletic events. We know there is power to achieve our mission in the shared experience of racers and stakeholders. Our app will facilitate and encourage that powerful positive connection.
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to tell us why you’re passionate about 3000 Miles to a Cure!
This is an unpaid volunteer position.
This is a work-from-home/coffee shop/remote position.