May 18-26, 2018. Application will open soon.
Mark your calendar: May 18-26, 2018
The Blue Ridge Parkway runs between Shenandoah National Park in Virginia and the Great Smoky Mountain National Park in North Carolina. As its name suggests, it runs along the crests of the Southern Appalachians, and has endless views, wildlife and gorgeous plants and flowers to enjoy.
This year’s inaugural Ride for a Cure will cover every mile of the Blue Ridge Parkway from the 0 mile marker at Rockfish Gap near Waynesboro, Virginia to Mile 469 where the Parkway ends at the Smoky Mountain National Park and the Cherokee Reservation.
This will be a beautiful but challenging ride! We’re limiting it to 14 riders. You can expect to climb 48,600 feet over the course of 7 days. Most of the climbing will be grades of 6-8% but they can be miles long. Anyone can train for and complete this ride, but you should be in excellent cycling shape.
- Transportation to and from our meet up point in Cherokee, NC
- Your tuned and ready to ride bicyle
- Training and fitness for the rigors of the 496 mile bicycle tour
- A sense of adventure and great attitude
- Achieve $1,800 fundraising commitment for a great cause. Everything raised over the cost of participating in the event goes to brain cancer research.
- This event is first come, first serve! We expect it to fill quickly.
- 8 Nights Lodging
- All Meals
- Snacks and Sag support along the way
- Transportation of rider and bike from Cherokee NC to Staunton Virginia at beginning of ride.
- An incredible challenge and beautiful experience.